Savannah or Bust! (pre trip thoughts)


This post is super rambly...

Tomorrow at 5 am I embark on an adventure to serve the Lord-A mission trip to Savannah, Georgia.

As excited as I am, I am also extremely anxious about being left out, sad a lot, and sick. I know I have friends going but I think they have "better" friends that they would rather hang out with. It sucks because this idea in my head prevents me from hanging out with people and yeah...

I'm grateful for a few chaperones going because I'm really close with the adults which is great but also sucks because I want to grow with my youth in my church. I don't want to be the annoying one on the trip or the loner. But I can't help but imagine that's how it's going to be.

I am trying to remain positive and just be the awesome Olivia I know I am. If people don't like that, that's their loss. Not mine. I just have to be me. Olivia the anxious girl.

I just wish people wanted me as much as I wanted them....

Okay enough about anxious thoughts because I really am excited to go.

I'm excited for our stops, the people we're going to meet, the lives we will change, and the impact in Savannah we will make.

My anxiety will not take over. My anxiety will not take over. My anxiety will not take over.

I can't wait to see how the Lord works through me on this trip. That's what my focus will (and always is on) be on. Serving the Lord.


Love,
Olivia

Comments