Texting



Texting is a daily struggle for me. Whether it be me debating to send or not to send a text, if I should "double text", if I should even text this person, if I should wait until a better time, etc... Their's literally a thousand questions that go through my mind every time I'm texting someone or waiting for someone to respond to me. I get this idea in my head that the person I'm talking with doesn't actually want to talk to me even though they're giving no signals of the sorts.

I want to shut my brain off after I send texts or call someone because, I always overthink everything I just said and apologize for nothing. Absolutely nothing. NOTHING. Not everyone is like me and responds quickly and shows a lot of emotion and so it's hard for me when I'm not reciprocated that same way. I wish people were more like me and understood where I was coming from but that's just not how life works. Everyone is different, I get that but it still sucks... I don't know if that was phrased right...anyway...

I love talking to people and seeing how people are doing but oh my gosh my anxious self can't stop apologizing for asking how someone's day was. UGH!! I care so much about the people in my life and want them to know I care but then I get all insecure thinking I asked the wrong question or said the wrong thing.

People tell me that I'm just being Olivia when I send double or triple texts. That's it's apart of my personality in some way. I don't want it to be apart of my personalty. I want to disregard all emotions when I'm texting someone and just keep it simple. But nooooooooo, anxiety has another way.

This. This is what my anxiety looks like.

Love, Olivia




Comments